About this Guide
This is a resource for organisers of large scale community events. This might be a festival, street party, concert, fair… any event that draws a large number of people to a public space.
Why run a community event?
- be inclusive and build a sense of community
- celebrate the diversity of our cultural experiences and heritage
- help preserve local identity
- contribute to a better quality of life
- develop essential skills that are widely applicable to other situations
- encourage fun and raise morale
- platform self-expression
- have a lasting impact on values and beliefs
This site provides practical guidance and advice to support the efficient and safe running of your event.