About this Guide
This is a toolkit for anyone who wants to, put on a community arts project or event. This might be: a festival or exhibition, film screening, play or concert, commissioning an artist, organising an arts workshop or make a difference to the creative life of your community. Have fun using it, we hope you find it useful.
Why run a community arts project or event?
Because the arts can:
• Be inclusive and build a sense of community
• Celebrate the diversity of our cultural experiences and heritage
• Help to preserve local identity
• Contribute to a better quality of life
• Develop essential skills that are widely applicable to other situations
• Engage the whole person, incorporating the intellectual, the physical and the emotional
• Be fun, engaging and raise morale
• Be about play and self-expression
• Have a lasting impact on values and beliefs
This site provides practical guidance and advice for anyone putting on an event or activity in their community..