About this Guide
This toolkit is for anyone who wants to have fun putting on a festival, event or exhibition, film, play or concert, commissioning an artist, organising an arts workshop or making a difference to the creative life of your community. We hope you find it useful.
Why run a community arts project or event?
Because the arts can:
• Be inclusive and build a sense of community.
• Celebrate the diversity of our cultural experiences and heritage.
• Help to preserve local identity.
• Contribute to a better quality of life.
• Develop essential skills that are widely applicable to other situations.
• Engage the whole person, incorporating the intellectual, the physical and the emotional.
• Be fun, engaging and raise morale.
• Be about play and self-expression.
• Have a lasting impact on values and beliefs.
This site provides practical guidance and advice for anyone putting on an event or activity in their community. Stand by to share the fun, because there’s a lot to do!